Silicon Valley Business Journal, USA Hiring Business Reporter
Silicon Valley Business Journal
The Silicon Valley Business Journal is looking for an ambitious and seasoned reporter to track economic development and more for one of the nation’s top business news markets.
ACBJ journalists will join our newsroom and cover the markets with one of the hottest economies in the country.
Our journalists must be competitive, diligent, and willing to tell stories about the most important industries, companies, and people in the region. They are expected to provide forward-looking business acumen to experienced students who will use it to grow their businesses and / or improve their careers. Our content gives them a foothold in the competition, links them with decision makers and explains growth strategies that work for those who do not use them. This usually involves working on our source networks and digging stories before they are announced or readily available.
The candidate will combine traditional journalism skills – source building, critical media judgment, interviewing expertise and intellectual-driven reporting – and online and communication skills. Journalists in our newsroom are not just giving away copies. Includes videos, slide shows and other multimedia sections that further the story and engage our viewers. They sometimes spread difficult stories that the media does not want to reveal, but they do not burn the bridges.
- Senior Business Reporter
- Silicon Valley Business Journal
- San Jose, United States
CLICK HERE FOR OTHER MORE JOBS
- elucidate a clean and compelling vision for the feel, look and voice of the products, comprising of a printed weekly edition, thriving digital news operation, and daily emails.
- Write and report it in short-form stories as well as in long-form stories for the website and for print edition.
- Owning beat, day-to-day coverage dictating and digging out source-driven exclusives.
- continuously develop sources and build relationships with high-level executives and other leaders.
Job Eligibility Requirement by Silicon Valley Business Journal
Qualification: Associate’s Degree
Skills & Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Should be able to break the news and to point-out newsworthy events and sources
- Should have Strong analytical reports, and interviewing skills
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Able to manage different community comfortably to a wide range, in person, on the phone and online
- Clean audience building and to develop sources
- Strong consideration of news writing, journalistic ethics, and story structure.
- Ability to leverage relationships with sources to deliver content that differentiates the organization from competitors.
- Multimedia skills, including video, photos, broadcast, on-camera, helpful.
APPLY ONLINE NOW at Silicon Valley Business Journal
Dear Students Explorer!
If you have any query in applying online, please do ask on comment section below this post.