Preposition of Agent
In this post our students are going to explore preposition of agent with detail and its explanation with examples and uses. If you had not studied our previous post on preposition of directions, kindly visit it.
Preposition of Agent or Things
Prepositions of agents or things indicate a causal relationship between nouns and other parts of the sentence. Following are the most used preposition of agent or things.
- about, etc.
Use of Preposition “Of” in Sentence
It is used to indicate the relationship, origin, cause etc.
- She is student of the collage. (Shows origin)
- Her sister died of cancer last year. (Shows cause)
- Don is guilty of (Shows Cause)
Use of Preposition “ABOUT” in Sentence
It is used to talk about something, proximity, etc.
- She was talking about (Shows talking about someone)
- It is about six now. (Shows proximity)
- This essay is about laptop.
Use of Preposition “OFF” in Sentence
Off is used to show separation.
- He is off to school.
- He jumped off the bike.
You May Practice Online MCQs:
- Practice Online MCQs on Article by Students Explore
- Adjective MCQs Online Practice By Students Explore
- Quiz on Adverb – Online Practice by Students Explore
- Online Practice on Verb MCQs by Students Explore
Use of Preposition “FOR” in Sentence
“For” is used to indicate the reason, period (Perfect tense), and to specify for use of something.
- He is happy for (Shows reason, because of)
- She was in France for six months only. (Shows duration or period)
- He is struggling for his IELTS. (Shows use of something)
- We feel deeply sorry for your loss.
Use of Preposition of agent “WITH” in Sentence
“With” is used to indicate being together or involved.
- Jimmy ordered a sandwich with a cold drink.
- Angelina was with his boyfriend when she saw me.
- He has been working with his brother at the Pizza Shop.
“With” is also used to indicate “having”.
- She met a guy with blue eyes.
- People with a lot of money are not always happy.
“With” is also used to indicate “Using”.
- John wrote a letter with the pen I gave him.
- This is the soup that I made with rice and barley.
- He cut my nails with his silver nail cutter.
“With” is used to Indicate “Felling”.
- She emailed me with her sincere apology.
- John came to the front stage with confidence.
Another use of “With” is to Indicate “Agreement or understanding”.
- Are you with me?
- Yes, I am completely with you.
- She agrees with me.
[…] Preposition of Time Sentence Examples and Uses What is Preposition of Position in English Grammar Preposition of Directions and Its Uses Explained Preposition of Agent […]