Learn About Preposition Types
Hello dear students, we have covered all the types of preposition in our previous post, and in this post we are going to learn about preposition types that we did not studied in our previous posts. So keep in touch with this post.
Learn About More Types of Preposition
Preposition of Participle
Verb such as present participles (-ing) and past participles (-ed and -en) are used as prepositions, are known as Participle Prepositions. Such as assuming, respected, conserving, during, given, provided etc.
- I was sad given the fact that I disqualified the interview.
- Assuming the possibility of rain, he carried an umbrella.
- You will be successful provided you worked hard.
Double prepositions are referring the two Simple Prepositions used together to connects the Noun(s) or Pronoun(s) to the rest the words in a sentence. Such as out of, inside of, in between etc.
- He is out of danger?
- He was allowed the inside of the Mosque.
- His one holidays is sandwiched in between three holidays.
You May Also Like to Read:
Preposition of Time Sentence Examples and Uses What is Preposition of Position in English Grammar Preposition of Directions and Its Uses Explained Preposition of Agent
Compound prepositions formed by joining preposition and other word. Such as According to, with a view to, on behalf of etc.
- According to report, he is acquitted.
- On behalf of my boss, I represent this meeting.
Dear Students Explorer:
If you have find any mistake or have any query regarding the above lecture, where you feel trouble in order to learn about preposition types and so on, then please do ask the questions on the comment section given below this post.